Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Wanderlust

Someone, anyone please send me to Costa Rica for my birthday. Super pretty please with whipped cream (vegan of course) and cherries on top? Being stationary this long is foreign to me now.

Growing up we went on a lot of vacations. My dad has always been big on travelling and experiencing new things. My mom likes discovering the greatest views. In college I was moving around a lot between semesters; every four months I got to pick up and go somewhere else for a while.

I've now been in North Carolina for six months. It is so weird to not be taking an extended trip to anywhere! Which brings us back to Costa Rica. As I'm sure I've mentioned before, I was a Spanish major in college. I am pretty good at reading (so long as I have SpanishDict by my side) and writing, but I would love to be able to listen and speak fluently. PLUS, Costa Rica isn't super far away, and it has incredible biodiversity. Turtles and dolphins anyone?

There is actually a girl on my Facebook friends list right now who is in Costa Rica all by herself living her dream and trying to grow as a person. I am so jealous. I can't wait to have my own adventure in Latin America or Spain. Yes, Facebook only shows the highlights reel of her experience, but I am so drawn to exploring.

There are so many people out there who do travel extensively. Thanks to the girl on my Facebook and the bloggers I follow, I finally have the courage to be able to do just that. And it will be glorious. Expect updates as I figure out my travel plans, and there will be pictures.

Does anyone else suffer from wanderlust? Where are your favorite places to travel? Where do you want to go, and what do you want to see or do?

No comments:

Post a Comment