Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Cancer Sucks

Yesterday I found out that a second member of my family is now battling cancer. For her, it's round two after ten years of being in remission, and it's looking like mastectomy is a pretty serious possibility. So you know what? Cancer sucks.

So far I have had one loved one taken from me due to cancer. Let me tell you, it's not the best. Many, many, many of us know someone who has been affected by this horrible disease. I would even venture so far as to say EVERYONE knows someone who has battled with cancer. Cancer sucks.

My husband is under a lot of stress right now due to his family member battling cancer. We don't know when he'll be needing a plane ticket to go see her since the situation isn't looking too promising there. Cancer sucks.

I know that through most of my posts so far I have tried to have some kind of message, moral, or meaning, but this is not one of those. I'm struggling to make sense of this cruel twist of fate. This is a post when I need you all. Prayers, good vibes, postive energy, whatever you've got, send it our way. My family is in need, and I'm at a loss as to what exactly I can do for my husband and my family member. Can you guess what I'm going to say next? That's right, cancer sucks.

This one is pretty short and sweet because I'm, simply put, at a loss for words. So for those of you (I assume nearly all of you) who have found yourself in the situation of having a loved one who is fighting cancer, how did you send encouragement? For those of you who have had a loved one have a person fighting/losing his/her battle, how did you handle it? What did you do to help your person cope with this life altering scenario? Specifically for the military affiliated, how difficult was it to get leave to go see the family member so short notice? 

This isn't the post I intended for today, but it is what I felt compelled to share with you. I hope that by sharing my truth with you, peace can be found for my family. And maybe some of you can find peace through helping me and mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment