Wednesday, April 22, 2015

On That Work Grind

work, training, teamwork, company

Finally got a job you guys! I was job hunting for all of twenty-two hours before I got officially hired. Here is my brief little disclaimer: All thoughts and opinions written here about my workplace are my own and in no way represent the beliefs of the company; they're solely my own opinions and beliefs and all that jazz. So ya, Convergys is pretty great. If anyone is in need of a job, feel free to mention my name, and we'll both get a little referral bonus on our checks ;) just putting it out there.

But anywho, I'm in a night training class, and I have NEVER worked a night shift before in my life. Well, I mean except at the movie theatre, but I was on break between semesters so I didn't have anything else to do. Most of my paid work has been in childcare so I'm more accustomed to waking up early instead of staying up late. Especially since my dogs won't let me sleep in.

I finished up my third week as of Friday, and it's going pretty well so far. I got my first paycheck (just in time for my birthday actually). I'll be on the night shift for quite a long time, but I'm actually a part time hire so once training is over my shifts will be so much easier. I'll be home for dinner most of the time as opposed to now only getting to see my husband on the weekends. But hey, gotta do what you gotta do.

Now that I've been there for three weeks, I feel like a have a handle on the people and the environment I'm in, and I really enjoy it. Of course there will always be those few people you just don't get along with, but other than that, I fit right in. Body modification isn't a big deal. Promoting up is as easy or difficult as you make it. AND they're super understanding of my being a vegan. We had a luncheon with pizza, and they made sure I could get a pizza with no cheese or meat. How great is that? AND when we had a pot luck, several people made an effort to bring vegan dishes as well!

The right opportunities will come to you as you need them whether they are trials to grow by or blessings to live by. All of life is a learning experience. Take it all in with a grain of salt, and remember to always be able to laugh. This chance pretty well fell into my lap, and I couldn't be more grateful. So many steps in the right direction can be taken thanks to Convergys. Life is twisty like that, you guys. Just as things are starting to get unbearable, the silver lining shows its face, and BOOM!!! Like a flip of a switch everything can change.

What are some life events that have impacted you in a big way? Has any opportunity become your saving grace? Does anyone have any advice for the night shift with early bird animals other than naps and caffeine?

No comments:

Post a Comment