Saturday, July 11, 2015

Why I'm Deleting TimeHop

Ever since I got TimeHop, I was checking it everyday to see what glimpses into the past I could find. Most days I was pretty disappointed. I have deleted my Facebook many times for a really long time, so there are months and months I didn't have a Facebook to be able to post anything. But summer is when I did the most posting, and I've had something to look back at almost everyday.

Enough! No more always looking back. It's time to start looking forward and making new memories instead of reminiscing on the old ones. It's time to live in the moment instead of staying trapped in the social media vortex that says, "Pics, or it didn't happen." I am allowed to live and have fun without having to document all my goings-on. We all are. Sharing is nice, but oversharing and living for social media is not (ironic I know coming from a blogger).

On the real though, life is as fleeting as a spring day. While we're in the storms, it's hard to see anything else, but as soon as the sky clears and the darkness fades into day, we have this glimpse of something beautiful. Then before you know it, it's gone, and we forgot to cherish it. It's so easy to forget to really live during the storms and instead be always waiting for the rainbows that slip right through your fingers. At least you can hold the rain from the storms, and use it to grow your garden of accomplishments and triumphs. You can use the hardship to write a better story and live a fuller, more meaningful life.

Life is nothing without opposites to teach us the value of every state of being. So yes, we do need the past to be able to appreciate the future. But that's it. Use it as a jumping off point. Don't stay trapped in a page from last year's chapter. Cultivate your garden, and keep writing your story! I know I can't wait to see what you will accomplish.

What is your crutch? Are you a lover of days gone by like me? What big plans do you have for when school starts up again?

No comments:

Post a Comment