Friday, September 18, 2015

Are You Good Enough?

Are you good enough? Are you good enough for this college or that job? are you goodenough for theboy areyougoodenoughforhappinessorfulfillmentorloveorsuccessororororSTOP
Stop right there. Just pause. Take a deep breath. To anyone who is plagued by questions like these, I have some things to say to you.

Before I started blogging, I always wondered about how people could choose to put themselves out there on the Internet like that. Or having a YouTube channel?? That made me cringe just thinking about the number of trolls out there who love to talk all kinds of crap about anybody and everything. My favorite YouTube stars say they have always had good self-esteem and simply don't care about what others think. But how do you do that?

I know this is easier said than done. I've been there. I've been in the hole waiting for someone to throw some attention my way and pull me out of the darkness. So long as someone was holding my hand, I was fine. (Stage 1)

But eventually, my crutch stopped making me feel better. Outside forces weren't cutting it anymore, and no matter who I was with, I couldn't chase away all of the little monsters whispering in my ears. I was wearing the shadows around my shoulders everyday. (Stage 2)

When you reach this point, this is when you have to stop. This is when you have to pause and take that deep breath. This is when the healing starts. This is when we look inside and start the work. This is when we grow. Stage 3: this is when we recognize our talents and skills and passions.

Stage 4. Climb right out of that hole. Yeah, you may fall down a couple times (or a thousand). But you keep pushing. You have light in your very soul! The shadows don't have to weigh you down anymore. The turtle wins the race on this one. Slowly and steadily you build up your strength of character. Get good at forgiving yourself for having a bad day. Because you know what? It may be a bad day, but it's not a bad life. 

YOU ARE MORE THAN GOOD ENOUGH. I super pinkie promise swear to you that your value as a person comes from that last word: person. You are alive; you exist; you matter. And you are not alone. Self-esteem is one of the longest and hardest won wars, but let me tell you, making it to the top of the mountain is so worth it!! There is nothing like the liberation you feel when you take ownership of your own value and worthiness. There is no need to wait around for someone else to give you permission to be lovable. Give yourself the permission. You are something special. And you WILL find your purpose.

Have you struggled with self-esteem or self-worth? How did you get the courage to give yourself permission?

If you are having a low day, or maybe you're still in the hole, feel free to email me at cdossitm@yahoo.com or shoot me a private message on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment