Monday, March 6, 2017

Bumpdate #17 (24 weeks)

Getting closer and closer to the third trimester, and I may have started to panic a little bit about not having all of our stuff together yet. Yes, I know I still have a lot of time, but still. We're getting things checked off the list, but it's still getting nerve wracking!

Rainbow:

You've started getting responsive this week! Your favorite things so far seem to be other babies and having shoving matches with me. You're also able to tell right side up from upside down so you better be getting into position! Your respiratory system is starting to do a lot of developing this week, and your lungs are actually practicing moving the amniotic fluid in and out. You're now the size of an ear of corn since you grew an inch and added some weight (up to 12.5 inches long and 1.25 pounds).

Me:

I feel like I'm finally larger than I was at my biggest bloating phase back in the first trimester, and now we're mostly baby! Judging by today's picture, it looks like my existing stretch marks are just getting darker because I've always had those ones on my hips. Also, my boobs have been getting sore again so I'm expecting them to go through another growth spurt.

When did you first notice your baby moving in response to some stimuli? How far along were you when you finally had all the essentials together?

No comments:

Post a Comment