Sunday, February 26, 2017

Bumpdate #16 (23 weeks)

We're finally settling into a new routine now that we've been moved in for almost a month. Collecting baby gear is next on the agenda!

Rainbow:

You're moving around everyday now multiple times a day. Some days you're an early bird, and some days you're a night owl so I'm sure you're just testing out all your options to figure out which you like better. The dogs barking should be becoming a familiar sound to you so hopefully they won't be waking you up (fingers crossed!!). Also, your kicks are starting to get some serious oomph behind them now that you're 11 1/2 inches long and just over a pound (about the size of a large mango). So much so that your kicks are visible! Of course, every time I try to record, you stop, but maybe soon I'll be able to catch you on tape ;)

Me:

Lately, I've been feeling like my abs don't want to relax or stretch any further. Baby has been bumping into my uterus so much more, it's actually starting to get sore. I'm sure we'll get bigger together, but for now it just feels like all the room is already gone. I have to have smaller meals and smaller breaths, and everything inside is tight. Good news is back pain is starting to diminish. Yay for proper body mechanics! It really seems like every time I start to get used to my bump, it puffs out more overnight. Then the next day, it goes down some. At least Baby is spending less time down in my pelvis and more time exploring.

Anyone have tips for mixing occasionally loud dogs with naptime? When did your baby's movements first become visible?

No comments:

Post a Comment