Sunday, May 28, 2017

Bumpdate #29 (36 weeks)

The nesting phase has started to set in more or less, but really, knowing we are 2 weeks away from being on baby watch has me wrapping up everything we haven't done yet. I finally started washing diapers which is good. After my baby shower next week I'll hopefully have some clothes to wash so this kid will have something more to wear than just diapers. Work is starting to wear me down so we'll see if I do keep working until I pop, or if I'm going to put in 2 weeks to give myself a real end date. If I get all the nesting nonsense done, it probably won't bother me so much to have my time split like it is.

Rainbow:

You're still just putting on the finishing touches and gaining weight. You're up to about the size of a crenshaw melon now! The inversions seem to be really helping because you're starting to spend more time in the center instead of just on the right side which is awesome for me. Your movements are definitely smaller now that there isn't much room left for you, but you're still as active as can be.

Me:

Thanks to a dog (cough, cough, Achilles, cough) that has learned how to jump the fence, I have been doing a lot of extra walking around which has started me having quite a few more Braxton Hicks contractions. The heartburn is starting to settle down which is great since my appetite has taken off again. Your proximity has me nervous that we won't get everything ready for you in time, but I am so excited to meet you and see your little face. This is also the week we start perineal massage so that's going to be fun.

Any tips for getting through the last month of pregnancy? Has anyone done perineal massage, Evening Primrose Oil, or the 6 dates a day trick to shorten labor and prevent tearing? How close to your guess date did you keep working?

No comments:

Post a Comment