Monday, January 16, 2017

Bumpdate #10 (17 weeks)

Ugh everytime I start to get really excited about what all is going on in my uterus, I have a panic about some aspect of it, and the excitement goes away. But this happens a couple days before each appointment so since we have one tomorrow, that's really to be expected. I guess I'm just preparing for the worst in case we get bad news. But anywho, onward!

Rainbow:

You've grown to be the size of an onion, and you're learning so much this week. You've mastered sucking, blinking, and swallowing! They say you can start having hiccups this week, but who knows when I'll be able to notice that. You've started accumulating fat under your skin so you're going to look fabulous at our ultrasound tomorrow.

Me:

I started out the week with heartburn everyday and ended with headaches and a surprise bout of morning sickness. I've definitely noticed that the bloating I had around weeks 10 and 11 has gone down, and I haven't noticed gravity having as profound an effect on my bump as it did in the earlier weeks. Felt an actual kick 2 days ago instead of just heaviness and a moving sensation.

What is the one thing that you couldn't live without? I want to make sure I've got the essentials on my registry. Also, anyone have a breast pump they absolutely love? We're going to be changing insurances soon, so I'm not sure which one will be covered. Or if the new insurance will cover one at all. I've heard great things about Medela and Spectra S2.

No comments:

Post a Comment