Sunday, January 8, 2017

Bumpdate #9 (16 weeks)

As much as the interview with our midwife went well, she ended up filling the spot before we got all the details worked out. I was so stressed out thinking I was going to have to have a hospital birth (some people absolutely loved their hospital births, it just isn't for me) until I stumbled across the one other midwife who serves our area and was available. And she is AH-MAY-ZING!! Ladies near Stillwater, Oklahoma, I very highly recommend Cathy Morton to be your midwife. She is so low-key and relaxing to be around, very knowledgeable, and extra crunchy ;) She even brought a doppler to our interview so we could check on baby after 6 weeks of nothing even though we weren't her clients at the time. We're measuring closer to 18 weeks (I knew you were a fast grower), and heartbeat was at 149-152 bpm. But I keep having dreams that when we go in for our 20 week scan, the baby's legs are splayed wide open, and I can't help but see the gender. I want to be Team Green so badly!!!!

Rainbow:

Calcium is starting to deposit into your bones so your limbs are becoming more elongated and defined as a real skeleton! You're getting more body to practice and refine those motor skills. And you're now the size of my favorite overt fat, an avocado!

Me:

Found a new pregnancy symptom: lightheadedness. That was a fun couple hours. Thankfully that only happened one day. I really don't feel very pregnant anymore. All symptoms have vanished after that bout of lightheadedness. But hey, heartbeat was strong, so I guess it's time to bask in that second trimester glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment