Monday, January 16, 2017

Daddies Matter, Too!

Yes, my last name is spelled wrong XD
I don't know how or why I got so lucky, or if I should even consider it luck, but my husband is one of those guys who actually goes to all the appointments and has a vested interest in the pregnancy, not just what comes out after it's all pretty and fun. Let me just say, it has been amazing. I couldn't imagine having a hands-off partner. Of course there are situations when someone might have to do it alone (military anyone?), but if you have the opportunity, having a partner with whom you can share as much of the journey as fits your needs and lifestyle makes the whole experience that much sweeter.

If you read Bumpdate #10, you know we had an appointment on Monday. It was an elective ultrasound since Husband didn't want to be Team Green with me. He promises to keep it a secret from me so we can both have what we want. Which is another thing for which I'm unbelievably grateful, support no matter our difference of opinion. But that's a post for another time. Back to the story, we go to this ultrasound place, baby is being difficult (already taking after me XD), and he was so elated. When I had my eyes covered to make sure I didn't see anything by mistake, he was letting me know about yawns and stretches. The whole ultrasound was more for him than me, and he definitely got a lot out of it.

We both know that the actual birth is going to be a little tricky for him since it's going to be a home water birth, but encourage your partners to be involved in the ways that mean the most to you. For me, that's going to appointments together and trying to go through as much of this whole process together. Maybe you would rather do the baby shopping with your mommy friends to get the best advice, or you want your aunt to be labor support. Whatever works best for you, go for it! Just make sure that you aren't leaving out your partner even though a lot of growing a baby is going to be about you.

What ways have you included your partner? What are some of your favorite moments of watching your partner embrace parenthood? Any fun (or not so fun) compromises you've had to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment