Sunday, December 18, 2016

Bumpdate #2

Well, just as I was starting to get excited, the nervousness has kicked in simply because I have yet to get an ultrasound to confirm that everything is going the way it should. Ugh. And I have this irrational fear that because every Sims family we make has us having twin boys for the first pregnancy that I'm going to end up having twins. I also had a conversation with myself about if I wanted to wear my glasses or contacts through labor and delivery. I've opted for contacts so I don't have to keep pushing my glasses up my face for however many hours it's going to take. I'm going to try to keep a record of the odd conversations that are now a reality for my life XD

Rainbow:

Still no real knowledge on where you're at, but we're 10 days away from getting something more concrete! At the minimum, you're 8 weeks along. At the max, 10 weeks. So you've definitely outgrown your tail, you've got limbs and most of your organs are at least there, and you're at least the size of a strawberry inside my grapefruit-sized uterus.

Me:

I definitely did not get the no morning sickness gene. I have thrown up out of Husband's car while driving down Piney Green. I have now thrown up 2 days in a row thanks to Husband's morning breath. I have been nauseous all day at least every other day of the week. I already have gum drop nipples, and my boobs are too big for my bras. Not that I wanted to wear them anyway back when they were so sore all the time. I feel a weight in my uterus now which is pretty cool. That pregnancy app I have tells me that all the symptoms are Rainbow trying to let me know he exists, which is neat, but seriously kid, I already know you're there. You can cool it with trying to starve us both.

All in all, morning sickness is killing me. Excitement has been overshadowed by nervousness. And I need a recommendation for a good baby time capsule. I can't bring myself to throw away the pregnancy test, and leaving it on my counter isn't going to be a viable option since we're moving in less than a month. Anyone have recommendations for a time capsule and tips for combating morning sickness?

No comments:

Post a Comment